What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a material that was used in buildings previously, but especially between the 1940’s and 1970’s era. However, people that lived in these houses began to die from cancer after breathing in the material, and researchers linked the material to the deaths.
Why is Asbestos Dangerous?
Asbestos is a harmful material that can cause disease when people are exposed to it, such as lung cancer, asbestosis, mesothelioma, and fluid buildup in the chest and lungs.
Asbestos is a fibrous group of six minerals that occur together, and create what is known as asbestos. These minerals have fibers that are flexible, and strong enough to be spun and woven.
These fibers are tiny, and are hard to be seen. The fibers are composed of even smaller fibers, and they can become airborne. These fibers can be breathed in, and congregate in lung cavities without escape. This causes a buildup and eventually cancer and other disease.
Why Was Asbestos Used?
Asbestos was discovered to be an extremely heat resistant material, so it was used in home and building construction to make them more fire resistant.
It is also a good electrical insulator because of the heat-resistance properties it has.
How Do I Know if My Home has Asbestos?
We at Lambert Home Inspections are certified Asbestos Inspectors, and we have the experience, training and dedication to test homes for this harmful material.
We test multiple areas and surfaces in homes for this material, including floors, walls and paint.
Schedule an asbestos inspection today to make sure that your home is risk free!
Servicing Most Towns and Cities within
Prince William County