Gainesville VA Real Estate Update
Looking to sell your home and move away from Gainesville? Interested in buying property in the area? Get all the details you need to know about the Gainesville VA real estate market now.
Market Forecast & Real Estate Stats
Here are a few of the most relevant and interesting Gainesville, VA real estate statistics.
- The median home value in Gainesville, VA has increased by 4.3% over the last year to $503,398
- The value of homes in Gainesville, VA is expected to increase by 4.9% over the next year
- The median list price per square foot in Gainesville, VA is $200
- Homes in Gainesville, VA spend an average of about 70 days on the market
Overall, Gainesville’s real estate market looks strong. Home values have increased by more than $70,000 since 2015 – and growth is expected to speed up in the near future, with fewer market dips.
Most & Least Expensive Areas
Some of the most expensive areas near Gainesville include:
- Aldie – Median home value of $532,000
- Haymarket – Median home value of $515,500
- Chantilly – Median home value of $512,200
A few of the least expensive areas near Gainesville include:
- Centreville – Median home value of $394,100
- Loch Lomond – Median home value of $284,000
- West Gate – Median home value of $265,100
Is It Time To Buy Or Sell?
Gainesville, VA is currently a very hot real estate market, so those who are interested in selling homes will certainly be at an advantage.
Currently, homes are spending an average of 70 days on the market, compared to January 2019 when they spent about 100 days on the market. In addition, only 8.4% of the listings are getting price cuts.
However, since real estate prices are still expected to rise quite a bit, this is still a great opportunity for home buyers interested in living in Gainesville to pull the trigger on a new property in the area.